Nmap Development mailing list archives

Tunnel information not always included in XML output

From: Matt Foster <mpf () netcraft com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:00:07 +0000

Hi All,

I recently noticed that there's no tunnel information in Nmap's XML
output when the service is 'ssl/unknown'. In these cases, there's no
service tag in the output, so as a consequence there's no tunnel
attribute set.

A similar problem to this (but relating to text output) seems to have
been fixed back in 2009, but I couldn't find any mention of issues like
this relating to XML output.

I've attached a very simple patch, to make sure there's a service tag
whenever there's an identified SSL tunnel. It may not be the best way to
fix this, but so far it seems to be working for me.

Cheers,

Matt
--
Dr Matt Foster