Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: nmap not working properly...showing ports as filtered, but ncat banner grab works

From: "Joseph McCray" <joe () strategicsec com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:43:31 -0500

I think I wasn't very clear.I don't think nmap is broken (as a whole), I
think there is a misconfiguration on my host.

I will try to rebuild from source instead of apt-get.

Joe McCray

Toll Free:             1-866-892-2132

Email:                 joe () strategicsec com

LinkedIn:              http://www.linkedin.com/in/joemccray

Twitter:               http://twitter.com/j0emccray

Slideshare:            http://www.slideshare.net/joemccray

GPG Key:               http://strategicsec.com/JoeStrategicSec_Public.key

Website:               http://strategicsec.com

When NASA began the launch of astronauts into space, they found out that

the pens wouldn't work at zero gravity (ink won't flow down to the

writing surface). To solve this problem, it took them one decade and $12

million. They developed a pen that worked at zero gravity, upside down,

underwater, in practically any surface including crystal and in a

temperature range from below freezing to over 300 degrees C.

And what did the Russians do...?? They used a pencil.