Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 5.61TEST2 IPv6 OS Detection (Cherry Soeprapto)

From: Cherry Soeprapto <cierish () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:12:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Those are all the candidate tests that were invented by Luis
MartinGarcia. Not all of them are effective--we kept only the best ones
in the OS engine.

what are the reasons, that you keep only the 18 tests?
What are the qualifications?
If I'd like to analyse the TCP responses from different OSs, is it correct that I should only compare the:
payload length, hop limit, header length, window size and the TCP options?

Would it be possible for you to make a short detail about the scripts in ipv6tests folder?

https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/luis/ipv6tests/README

The description to run the scripts above is not so understandable for me.

I have already run tests and will submit them to you in another email. Do you need only the .6fp or the .nmap files
too?

(for nmap I have always run this command: sudo nmap -6 --packet-trace -A -dd)

Thank you,
Cherry