Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 5.61TEST4 on Android

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:20:38 +0100

Hello!

Just short note that I've managed to build nmap-5.61TEST4 on Android and
document the process at the wiki:

https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Android

For those who are impatient, link to arm binary is here:
http://ftp.linux.hr/android/nmap/nmap-5.61TEST4-android-arm-bin.tar.bz2

To have better Android phones coverage, I decided to build it completely
static by default. That decision managed to dig out more problems,
but all patches and Makefiles needed are here:

http://ftp.linux.hr/android/nmap/nmap-5.61TEST4-android-src.tar.bz2

New problem which is not documented yet is CFLAGS for LUA (check the patch!),
where it is stated by default(better to say: hardcoded) for liblua to use
DLOPEN even if I'm passing --enable-static in configure.
Current patch is kludgy, but my suggestion is to remove DLOPEN flag
to liblua if --enable-static is given. Another solution
is to have specific flag for liblua cflags (As it is currently set I cannot
override it with any ac_ enviroment flags, at least I'm not aware of).

The rest is documented at the wiki page.

Enjoy and let me know if it works for you,
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt