Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Amazon Kindle

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 09:36:54 -0800

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:52:25AM +0100, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
On 01/02/2012 07:12 AM, David Fifield wrote:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 07:38:34AM +0100, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Hello!

Since Nmap was already ported to arm architecture including Android, this
port to Amazon Kindle was pretty straightforward. No source patches needed.
Thanks to various Kindle enthusiasts it is possible to get shell terminal
directly on Kindle, so you can run nmap directly from Kindle (you can also
run it through ssh - of course!). I'm talking about Kindle 3.

Nice! Do you have a SecWiki account? Do you mind making a page for Nmap
on Android and Kindle with the same instructions you have here? Maybe
the pages can be Nmap/Android and Nmap/Kindle.

Yes, I have the account. I've made the pages as you requested:

https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Kindle

https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap/Android

Where Kindle page is "final" while I still have to work on Android one.

Thanks, those look great.

David Fifield