Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] New scripts vuze-dht-info, vuze-find-nodes

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:24:46 +0100

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi> wrote:

 Gorjan,

Do you have any idea how this is supposed to work? Did you consider
adding support for vuze dht to the bittorrent library? Do you think it
would make sense to add the support now, that we have a vuze library?

To my best knowledge Vuze use their own DHT protocol which is not the same
as the official Bittorrent protocol (Mainline). So I think keeping the
libraries separate is probably best.

If anyone can can provide any insight in whether it's not a good idea to
randomize the node id the way I'm doing I'm interested.
Also, any input on whether it's ok or very bad to have a wide port range of
the vuze-dht probe is also welcome.

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson