Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Script: Mikrotik HTTP

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 15:48:22 -0700

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 01:33:14PM +0200, Xavier Mertens wrote:
Hello List,

While performing a pentest, I found several MikrotiK routers online. I
wrote a small script which extracts the router OS version and the list
of graphs available via the monitoring page.

Thank you for contributing the script! What can you do when you know the
list of graphs? Does it reveal something about the configuration?

I think that the part that gets the OS version is better done with a
version probe, not an NSE script. It seems that we don't have any match
lines containing "RouterOS v", so it looks like the particular model
your found is not supported yet. If you still have access to these
routers, try scanning them again with -sV, and submit the fingerprints
you get to http://nmap.org/submit.

David Fifield