Nmap Development mailing list archives

Removal of SVN externals

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:57:02 -0800

I'm about to commit a change to remove our SVN externals and replace
them with real subdirectories. This is mainly aimed at making branching
easier (you won't have to remember to also branch all the externals).

The change will cause a one-time error when you next update. I couldn't
find a way to avoid it. When you update, you will see an error like
this:

svn: URL 'svn://svn.insecure.org/nping' of existing directory 'nping'
does not match expected URL 'svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap/nping'

Here's what you need to do. First, save any local changes you might have
in the nping, nsock, nbase, ncat, and zenmap directories. (For example
by running "cd nping; svn diff > ../nping.diff".) If you don't have any
local changes you can skip this step.

Then run these commands:

rm -rf nping/ nsock/ nbase/ ncat/ zenmap/
svn update
svn cleanup

If all else fails, you can just delete your whole working directory and
check out anew:

svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap

I will put these instructions in the SVN log and also in a temporary
README file in the repository.

David Fifield