Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: hadoop and hbase information gathering

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 20:32:08 +0100

On 1 November 2011 04:52, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
wrote:> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:46:33AM +0100, John Bond wrote:>>
On 14 October 2011 00:14, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:>>
Okay. I can see the reason for this. All these different scripts run>
against different ports, but they are all HTTP. Patrick found that
his> university's Hadoop ran on different ports than the default.>>
Using shortport.http should take these scripts out of default, I
think,> because they will only get a response from a minority of web
servers. I> might even modify the rule to be "got a service match for
HTTP, but it> is *not* running on a common HTTP port." Then it could
be default again.Ok i think i get what you mean i have updated the
port rule to us the following
portrule = function(host, port)
        local force = stdnse.get_script_args('hadoop-info.force')
        if not force then
                return shortport.http and port.number ~= 80  and
port.number ~= 443
        else
                return true
        end
end

this also allows a user to pass hadoop-info.force to force the script
to run even on port 80/443.  hadoop-info.force applies to all the
hadoop-*-info scipts.  hbase-info.force applies to all the
hbase-*-info scripts thought it better then having a separate arg for
each script.

I'm curious, what does a plain -sV scan output for these ports?>
http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/docs/r0.21.0/hdfs_user_guide.html says> "The NameNode and Datanodes have built in web
servers...
Its all "Jetty httpd 6.1.26" at least on the versions i have
http://pastebin.com/bF5J3H9B

If we could do a> quick check retrieval of /index.html (which would be cached) and use> that to control whether the
other scripts run, then they could be> default too.I am not to sure what you mean here; however when the script runs
the first thing it dose is try and get the appropriate start page and if this is not a 200 then the script exits.
Although i will send you the index pages from each service off list

However these changes have introduced another issue.  When using>> newtargets the port rule is not triggered, and
therefore scripts dont>> run for the newtargets.  Haven't looked at this yet but wondered if it>> is a known
issue?>> Why doesn't the portrule trigger? Are the new targets running the same> services on the same ports?I have
tested this again and it worked, i think this could have been an issue of user error.

It's a known issue. Let's not worry about it too much now. The target> may be scanned twice but not three times, as
newtargets checks for> duplicate targets that it adds itself.Ok