Nmap Development mailing list archives

ndiff exit codes

From: Michael Aroustian <m.aroustian () basecase com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:30:26 +0100

Hi there...
I was looking for some help using ndiff perhaps you can help...
I use nmap to scan my network and use ndiff to compare changes...
ive written a script to schedule this daily and all is well but on one of
my machines I get a returncode of 0 from ndiff [indicating no difference]
when there is...
even when i run ndiff from the terminal, and the scans differ, the exit
code is still 0...

os version: Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
nmap version: 5.0

ndiff runs as expected on one machine:

os version: Ubuntu 11.10
nmap version: 5.21

does anybody have an idea what maybe wrong?

thanks

--
*Michael Aroustian* | QA/IT

<http://www.basecase.com/?utm_source=email_sig&utm_medium=logo&utm_campaign=Michael>
Zimmerstr. 55, 10117 Berlin, Germany
+49 30 270 16222 | basecase.com

This e-mail message and its attachments are subject to the disclaimer
published at http://basecase.com/disclaimer/ BaseCase Management GmbH,
10117 Berlin. Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg RB123117B.
Geschäftsführer: Gijsbert Hubben.