Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] http-verb-tamper

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 23:11:09 +0100

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Hani Benhabiles <kroosec () gmail com> wrote:

Yes I the same, because we could also add/change vulnerabilities that are
checked by default later.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:18 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>wrote:

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 01:52:10PM +0100, Hani Benhabiles wrote:
Attached is the updated version:
Renamed to http-method-tamper
Accepts the script argument http-method-tamper.paths as an array.
Defaults to {"/jmx-console/"}

It also supports detecting cases where no authentication is required for
jmx console which is the default configuration (and common as a search
on
shodanhq or using a Google dork shows.)

Ptrik asked whether this script should be called http-method-tamper or
names after the CVE number. I think it should be http-method-tamper. My
thinking is that we can add other paths to the default list if more of
them are discovered.

David Fifield

--
M. Hani Benhabiles
Blog: http://kroosec.blogspot.com

Hani,

Thank's for the contribution!
I committed a slightly modified script as r27029.
The changes I made were:
* If the script argument is a string it's converted to a table
* If authentication is not required it's always reported, not only for the
jmx-console path.

Cheers,
Patrik
--