Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nping IP protocol support?

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:57:37 +0000

On 11/04/2011 06:40 PM, Daniel Miller wrote:
Hey list,

Maybe I'm missing it, but does Nping support setting the IP protocol
number directly? As opposed to --tcp, --udp, --icmp, etc.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Daniel,

Nping did not support setting the IP protocol number until today. I've
just implemented that functionality. If you checkout SVN r27015 or
later, you'll be able to pass "--ip-proto XX" where XX is an integer in
the range [0, 255]. Note that setting that field with a value other than
the actual protocol number for the transport layer you are using, will
result in weird packets because Nping will still add TCP, UDP or ICMP on
top of IP, regardless of the value you supply.

Best regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.