Nmap Development mailing list archives

IPv6 Failed to determine dst MAC address for target

From: Marcus Kipp <mkipp () one-it de>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:42:47 +0100

Hi,

i have a question regarding the following error message.

nexthost: Failed to determine dst MAC address for target 2a00:ff::b0:b:12

[cid:image001.png@01CC9873.444E87C0]

When I do some pings directly from host on cmd-line (Windows 7 Host) I can ping all IPv6 addresses.

I also can make a ssh to this target. But from NMAP I got this error !

Do you have an idea what happens here ?

This is a windows 7 installation on a host. when I use a VM with win7 on that

host with an usb network interface it works, but it hung up when I make a IPv6

scan incl. UDP.

I´m using Zenmap 5.61 Test2.

Regards

Marcus