Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Strange bug in broadcast-ms-sql-discover

From: Duarte Silva <duarte.silva () serializing me>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:09:07 +0100

Hi,

I agree, with that, but I think a generic error message (without stack traces)
would be better in order not to pollute the nmap output. Something like:

|_broadcast-ms-sql-discover: FAILURE: An unexpected failure occurred, please
run with -d2 and --script-trace and report to ...

We could also think about generating a dump file (using a specific option or in
a automatic fashion when a script failed with an exception) with the stack
trace and any useful information for tracking down the problem cause. Then the
user would only have to submit that file.

Best regards,
Duarte Silva