Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Improved TRACE/TRACK detection script

From: <Patrick.Bogen () foundstone com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:02:44 -0700

Direct link to the script: http://opensecurityresearch.com/files/http-trace-track.nse
Article explaining the improvements:
http://blog.opensecurityresearch.com/2011/10/updated-http-tracetrack-plugin-for-nmap.html

        * HTTP/1.1
        * semi-intelligent false positive reduction (compares TRACE/TRACK response to a valid GET response and an
invalid/made up verb response; verb is only "supported" if the response is HTTP 200, and it differs from the GET
response, and it differs from the invalid verb response.)

(p.s., please CC me on any replies; I'm not subscribed to the list. If this isn't the correct place to submit a script
for inclusion, I apologize, and would appreciate any redirection to the proper place.)
--
Patrick Bogen
Consultant

Follow Foundstone on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Foundstone