Nmap Development mailing list archives

Get Outlook Web Access URL - revised and improved

From: Dan <cdcdanielctin () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:44:56 +0300

Hello everybody,

  It's been a while since my first version of this script but now I'm
back with a new version.
In this version I've fixed some bugs for 302 or 301 HTTP response
codes and added a function that will check the page redirected to and
validates a typical OWA login page.
I've added to the script a web crawler that retrieves the subdomains
using google's search engine [1] bringing to a total of four different
mechanisms for searching the URL and also I've optimized the code and
documentation to.

Microsoft Outlook Web Access is the most adopted solution for
accessing corporate web mail (wherever MS Exchange is the mail server)
thus the script was created because I needed a validation/retrieval
tool for the URL, information that for example is a must when
configuring a push e-mail service and although this information can be
considered to be trivial, few users know it. Once retrieved, the URL
can provide information about the configuration of the Outlook Web
Access, to be more exact if it is behind an Internet Security and
Acceleration Server.

Thus, please run the script and send me your feedback.

[1] http://www.google.com/cse/docs/resultsxml.html

Daniel