Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap r26521 fails to build on OSX 10.7

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 23:45:18 -0700

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:55:45AM +0200, Dominic White wrote:
Had two strange build errors, and wanted to know if I'm doing something boneheaded.

Second, was that libdnet-stripped/src/intf.c was using SIOCGIFINDEX which is unsupported on OSX. A brief look showed
that if_nametoindex() was used later on, and so a kludgy wrapping of the breaking code in linux tests got that
compiling:
+ #ifdef __linux__
    /* Get interface index. */
    if (ioctl(intf->fd, SIOCGIFINDEX, &ifr) < 0)
        return (-1);
    entry->intf_index = ifr.ifr_ifindex;
+ #endif

I think this is fixed now. I'm not sure about your patch; we set the
index for a reason, having to do with scoped local IP addresses like
fe80::1%eth0. But I couldn't find an example where it failed.

David Fifield