Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Category of targets-ipv6-multicast-*

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:54:04 -0700

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 01:37:27PM -0500, Tom Sellers wrote:
All,
      I know that technically the targets-ipv6-multicast-* scripts are not using broadcast,
but should they be added to the broadcast category or a new multicast category?  The reason I ask
is that it would make it easier to exclude them by category when running individual scans against
large numbers of hosts where the extra traffic is undesirable.

Also, I am fairly certain broadcast-ping.nse should be in the broadcast category. I will correct this
today unless someone objects.

Yes, please put all these in broadcast.

David Fifield