Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSE] Request for feedback on account status reported by *-brute scripts

From: Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 19:54:19 -0500

All,
        I would like to standardize on the following strings when reporting account
status from the account brute force attack NSE scripts:

Invalid credentials
Valid credentials
Valid credentials, account locked
Valid credentials, account disabled
Valid credentials, account expired
Valid credentials, account cannot log in at current time
Valid credentials, account cannot log in from current host
Valid credentials, password must be changed at next logon

If there are no objections I will make the changes to the scripts.  I will only
change the values where the new text makes contextual sense.

This is a short term goal.  My longer term goal will be to add support to each of
the scripts for the creds library or convert them to Patrik's wicked useful brute
library which has support for creds.

Thanks much,

Tom