Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Who is testing the new Nmap IPv6 support

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 11:50:32 -0700

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 01:28:39AM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:
On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 03:08:50AM -0700, Fyodor wrote:
When we released the new IPv6 improvements (Nmap 5.52.IPv6.Beta2) on
Wednesday we received tons of attention on the social networks, but
very few bug reports.  Maybe that means it is working great for
everyone, or perhaps it means that more people retweeted it than
actually try it.  Is anyone here using the IPv6 suppport and can you
post a description of how it is working for you?

Just want to mention that I've found that get_rpc_results() function in
the nmap_rpc.cc file is only using 'sockaddr_in' to retrieve results.

I don't know the status of that code.

You are right, and I have just changed it to use sockaddr_storage
instead in r26311. That part of the code is only run when doing RPC scan
over UDP.

David Fifield