Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Interacting with scan can break XML DTD validation

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 15:22:17 -0700

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 04:59:49PM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:
On 09/02/2011 04:39 PM, David Fifield wrote:
Good find. I think this is a problem with the DTD, specifically the
(taskbegin, taskprogress*, taskend) part. It's hard to enforce ordering
and number of elements like this. Can you try just folding those into
the rest of the unordered elements, and if that works, send the patch
Here is that patch. It works, and I don't have a problem with being
a little more lax on this. I do think it would be good to output
information about changes in verbosity and debug level, if they
change the XML output, but that will take a little more time to hunt
down and investigate.

Thanks, I applied it.

David Fifield