Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Possible Bug with HOSTS Column

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:44:16 +0100

This is a workaround, but you could probably get away with running Nmap from
the command line and using the findstr command to grab the lines you want,
then use Notepad to replace the superfluous text. For example:

nmap aaa bbb ccc ddd --open | findstr /C:"Nmap scan report for" > temp.txt

This should produce temp.txt with something like:

Nmap scan report for aaa (192.168.1.x)
Nmap scan report for bbb (192.168.1.x)
Nmap scan report for ccc (192.168.1.x)
Nmap scan report for ddd (192.168.1.x)

Then use Notepad to replace "Nmap scan report for " with "" to get:

aaa (192.168.1.x)
bbb (192.168.1.x)
ccc (192.168.1.x)
ddd (192.168.1.x)