Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap parsing script

From: "natalie" <nataliegrn () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 00:39:25 -0400

Hi,

I am a big fan of nmap and have longed to give something back. I needed a
script to parse the nmap output last week and couldn't find one. So I wrote
one, nmapparse.bat for Windows as a batch script.

I send it in the hope that others might find it useful. It took me 40 hours
in three days, with help from Rob Van der Woulde to solve a parsing
execution bug. :)

The script is fairly well documented and it works well, but throttling it
might help avoid overwhelming the scanner and/or targets. This logic is
included nmapthrottle1.bat, and will likely be combined in the near future
with nmapparse. The two scripts - scan and parsing - could easily run
simultaneously, thus greatly reducing the time required for it to parse the
results.

If either of these can help any of you, then I'll feel a little better. :)

Many kind and grateful regards,
Natalie Green