Nmap Development mailing list archives

Luis' Status Report - #16 of 17

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:36:51 +0200

Hi!

Here are the accomplishments of the week and the priorities for next week:

Accomplishments:

* Implemented a congestion control system for the IPv6 OS engine.
  The CC is based on TCP's congestion control algorithms (slow
  start, congestion avoidance, etc).
* Implemented the probe retransmission mechanism.
* Implemented RTT and RTO computation a la RFC 2988.
* Made the packet parser able to handle all types of IPv6
  extension headers.
* Fixed a bug that caused --send-eth to fail for IPv6 OS scan.
* Fixed a bug that caused the OS Scan for any hostgroup other than
  the first to fail.
* Fixed a really small bug in Nping, reported by Vasiliy Kulikov.
* Some other enhancements, bugfixes and cleanup.
* Had a meeting with David and scheduled the next one.

Priorities:

* Continue working on the implementation of the OS detection engine.
  * Test the new support for IPv6 extension headers.
  * Decide how to handle retransmissions for the timed probes (whether
    to retransmit them individually on timeout or to retransmit all
    of them if any times out).
  * Make the engine send more OS detection probes. Currently we are only
    sending the ones Nmap uses for IPv4 OS detection but we have many
    other great probes.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.