Nmap Development mailing list archives

Paulino's Status Report #10 of 17

From: Paulino Calderon <paulino () calderonpale com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:45:33 -0700

Hi nmap-dev,

Accomplishments:
* Added 117 new signatures to http-enum for a new total of 223! These new signatures are all from vulnerable web applications taken from exploit-db.com's archives from July 1 2009 until May 30 2011. I only checked advisories with more than 300 views to focus on the most popular apps and also did a quick Google search to make sure there are enough installations out there.
* Researched about malware detection methods in HTTP servers.
* Submitted http-default-accounts.nse to nmap-dev
* Fixed a bug in http.lua. The argument 'http.pipeline' was not being read correctly.
* Submitted http-unsafe-host.nse to nmap-dev
* Added more signatures to http-default-accounts
* Submitted http-wp-enum to nmap-dev

Priorities:
* Work on more NSE scripts
* Polish documentation in all my scripts
* Add more signatures to http-default-accounts

--
Paulino Calderón Pale
Web:http://calderonpale.com