Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap delayed options parsing

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 03:10:13 +0300

Hi list,

I just merged branch "nmap-options-parsing" to trunk nmap in r25459 that
resolves issues with Nmap trying to parse options that require knowledge
of other options in order to be correctly interpreted and/or validated.
Such an option is -S and before this commit you couldn't use -6 with -S
without specifying -6 first.

This has been achieved by using a temporary storage structure for
options like that and then trying to parse them after all of the user
supplied options have been read. This has been applied to all such
options and some other minor adjustments here and there to the options
charade, like storing options in the right structure instead of using
local temporaries, things that came with the territory. :)

If you plan to use Nmap with exotic and lots of argument combos in the
next couple of days, then I would greatly appreciate if you can update
your copy to main trunk and use that just to provide some further
testing besides what I've been able to do. Reply to this e-mail with any
option that worked before and seems to be broken now.

Thanks a bunch,
Shinnok