Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Two new scripts: http-google-email and http-reverse-ip

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:08:01 +0200

On Jul 27, 2011, at 11:01 PM, Shinnok wrote:

Hi nmap-dev,

As stated in some of my previous e-mails, I started tinkering with NSE
and LUA a bit, just so I don't miss this part of Nmap fun and I want to
share with you two scripts I've written:

1. Google Web Search and Google Groups Search e-mail discovery

This one attempts to search for e-mails pertaining to a specific domain
in Google's Web search engine(google.com) and Google Groups search
engine(groups.google.com).

Sample output:
./nmap -p80 --script http-google-email insecure.org

Starting Nmap 5.59BETA1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-07-27 23:53 EEST
Nmap scan report for insecure.org (74.207.254.18)
Host is up (0.19s latency).
rDNS record for 74.207.254.18: web.insecure.org
PORT   STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open  http
| http-google-email:
| nmap-dev () insecure org
| nmap-svn () insecure org
|_fyodor () insecure org

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 4.01 seconds

2. Reverse domain ip lookup using Bing

This one attempts to find domains that are hosted on a specific ip
address using Bing's ip: operator.

Sample output:
./nmap -p80 --script http-reverse-ip  insecure.org

Starting Nmap 5.59BETA1 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-07-27 23:55 EEST
Nmap scan report for insecure.org (74.207.254.18)
Host is up (0.20s latency).
rDNS record for 74.207.254.18: web.insecure.org
PORT   STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open  http
| http-reverse-ip:
| nmap.org
| insecure.org
| secwiki.org
|_images.insecure.org

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.75 seconds

The both take a "pages" argument that specifies the number of results
pages to request from search engines(the default is 5) and a domain and
host argument respectively, that can be used to query a different target
then the one nmap scans.

I used http-google-malware.nse as a reference and the results are far
from perfect and since they are my first attempts at NSE I am welcome to
suggestions, improvements and conformance hints.

Thanks,
Shinnok
<http-google-email.nse><http-reverse-ip.nse>_______________________________________________
Sent through the nmap-dev mailing list
http://cgi.insecure.org/mailman/listinfo/nmap-dev
Archived at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/

Hi Shinook,

First off, welcome to the great world of NSE :)
I've had some experience in the past with "wrapping" google search with tools such as wget.
What usually happens after a bunch of queries is that Google block the search possibility from that IP or redirect you
to a captcha site or a site making heavy use of javascript to prevent further "automated searches".
In the past you were able to get a google API key to get around this problem and use a dedicated 3rd party API that
wouldn't impose these restrictions.
I'm not sure how this works now. I also think Bing had some similar restrictions requiring an API key.

I know that Martin has done some work in this area and may have some newer information.

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net