Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: variable 'ssl' is not declared

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:19:37 +0100

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 08:49:00PM +1000, m k wrote:
Hi All,

Based on your feedback I undertook the following steps:

Using the following command  to get the version:  nmap -V
The result was this: Nmap version 5.51 ( http://nmap.org )

And using the -d2 option the following output shown below was produced
(If there is anything else i can do at my end please let me know).
Also while the error message below is for the dns-zone-transfer.nse
script,  this error occurs in a number of the nmap scripts :
I can't reproduce this bug, however I'm using the latest svn revision.

BTW dns-zone-transfer should not fail since its code don't need any ssl
feature !

The shortport.ssl() function is a new one, so perhaps the bug is there ?
In your nselib directory, file shorport.lua do you see the ssl function:
'function ssl(host, port)' ?

I'm attaching a cool patch that was comitted by Patrick Donnelly on July
21, this will give you the correct line of the failed scripts.

Just find your Nmap installation and patch nse_main.lua file to get the
details of the error. However I don't think that anyone here can do more,
since the current svn revision do not suffer from these bugs.

You could also try Nmap 5.59BETA1 or download the source code from svn.
svn co --username guest --password "" svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap/

Thanks.

--
tixxdz
http://opendz.org