Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Using the Qt Creator IDE for Nmap development

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 00:13:24 +0200

Cool! I've been waiting eagerly for this :-) Saves me time.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Shinnok <admin () shinnok com> wrote:
Hi nmap-dev,

I've finally managed to write a couple of posts on the way I currently
do Nmap development using the Qt Creator IDE. I originally intended to
write this as an e-mail to nmap-dev only, but then I thought I could
make this guide a little more generic and use Nmap as an example and
post it on my blog, so that more people could make use of this method,
since it works the some with any GNU Build System project.

I have also thrown away the screen casts since they did not meet the
desired quality, so I just reverted back to simple screenshots to save time.

Using Qt Creator for Nmap:
http://shinnok.com/rants/2011/07/18/using-the-qt-creator-ide-with-non-qt-projects/

Linux Man Pages integration with Qt Creator:
http://shinnok.com/rants/2011/07/19/linux-man-pages-integration-with-qt-creator/

Hopefully someone else will find this as useful as I do for native Linux
development.

PS: If this turns out to be really useful, I guess I could create a
secwiki page specific to Nmap and how to best use the Creator for Nmap
devel.

Regards,
Shinnok

--