Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Check for CVE-2011-1764 - Exim DKIM Format String

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:35:36 +0200

2011/7/13 Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>:
The script will cause the Exim child to segfault due to an invalid memory
reference, and perhaps with more debugging someone can achieve arbitrary
code execution.

Hi Djalal,

this is yet another cool script! I have a suggestion though. As it
seems that the exploit can't work against localhost that would
probably make sense to add a check before attempting to crash the
child process in order to avoid reporting false positives when testing
a server running on the local machine. In this case we should simply
rely on the banner/version detection results I think. Maybe add a
message to describe the situation as well.

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net