Nmap Development mailing list archives

Shinnok's Status Report - #11 of 17

From: Shinnok <admin () shinnok com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:29:12 +0300

Hi nmap-dev,

Last week I took it easy by reading some chapters from the Nmap book,
now that I have a hard copy version of it and couldn't resist(thanks
Fyodor!) and did some writing, since it was a way to hot summer week
here where I live and couldn't get hardcore work done. :-)
I plan to compensate in code this week.

Accomplishments:
*Revised a couple of issues in my Ncat SSL blocking handshakes branch.
*Had meeting with David.
*Some more brainstorming around the "delaying options parsing" issue
with Nmap.
*Written draft blog post with screencast on how to use Qt Creator IDE
with generic GNU Build System projects, with Nmap given as an example
plus another post with a Qt Creator add-in that will further help in
easing system programming on Linux using Qt Creator, which I'll reveal
once it's done. They need some more spelling proof and such and once I
consider them ready will post to nmap-dev with links. My original plan
is for tomorrow or no later then Wednesday. Hopefully this will increase
productivity for existing Nmap hackers and ease accommodation and
transition for new ones, which might prefer a real IDE for development.

Priorities:
*Publish the two posts I mentioned earlier
*Merge Ncat SSL blocking handshakes branch into main Ncat
*Write a draft on how Nmap should delay options parsing

Regards,
Shinnok