Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r24825 - nmap/scripts

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:36:53 +0200

Author: djalal
Date: Mon Jul 11 12:28:02 2011
New Revision: 24825

Log:
o [NSE] Updated ftp-vsftpd-backdoor documentation since CVE-2011-2523 was just
 assigned to this backdoor.
Nice.

As I told Djalal off list providing reference to the corresponding CVE
is important but I don't think that we should change the script name
into the format we use for other vulnerability scripts (that would be
ftp-vuln-cve2011-2523.nse) as the current name is consistent with the
unreal ircd backdoor detection script, and CVEs aren't always assigned
to such issues.
Maybe people would disagree with this?

 Added a final 'exit' command to terminate the remote '/bin/sh', however I don't
 think that this is necessary since the backdoor was very simple: it did not
 fork(), and closing the stdin of the '/bin/sh' will terminate it.

Yes, my mistake. I forgot to mention it afterward but testing revealed
that actually the call to exit wasn't required. Doesn't hurt to have
it though.

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net