Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Java RMI service finderprint?

From: Martin Holst Swende <martin () swende se>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:56:39 +0200

----- Ursprungsmeddelande -----
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:32:30PM -0700, Gabriel Lawrence wrote:
I suppose i should go read the source... But, I'll ask here.

--version-all (Try every single probe) .
An alias for --version-intensity 9, ensuring that every single
probe is attempted against
each port.

So, does it stop as soon as one match is found or does it continue?
what order does it pick? i think the solution i was suggesting was
that it only go and try all the ones it wouldnt have normally tried
when all the normal ones fail... If thats the way -version-all works,
that's cool and would totally meet my needs.

It stops after one match. It does just what you are describing.

Depends on how you read it: if you want to scan many servers, but only 'completely' scan some select hosts/ports later,
version-all will start with null-probe and all default probes before the non-default ones. You cannot tell it to start
at non-default.

/martin

David Fifield