Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Compiling Zenmap on Windows

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:55:59 +0100

I'm not sure why it's looking for libpng13.dll (I think it's related to much
older versions of GTK), I don't have one in my GTK\bin folder (or anywhere
else on this system). I do, however, have a libpng14-14.dll in my GTK\bin
directory. It sounds to me like you've got an older version of something
installed (possibly pygtk or pycairo?). The following has been tested and
appears to work:

gtk+-bundle_2.22.0-20101016_win32.zip

python-2.7.msi

pygtk-2.22.0.win32-py2.7.exe

pycairo-1.8.10.win32-py2.7.exe

pygobject-2.26.0.win32-py2.7.exe

py2exe-0.6.9.win32-py2.7.exe

Can you confirm the filenames of the setup files for all the dependencies
you've installed? Did you have any older versions present before you
installed these versions? I haven't tried Python 2.7.1 yet, if that's what
you're using, but I'd be surprised if that's the problem. You might want to
try using 2.7 rather than 2.7.1 though.

It might be worth checking you can run Zenmap using Python (rather than the
compiled py2exe version) using something like:

C:\nmap-svn\zenmap>C:\Python27\python.exe zenmap

If Zenmap doesn't launch properly then you'll need to solve that problem
first, as it'll probably solve your py2exe problems too.

I'm not a Python or py2exe expert, I simply followed the instructions in the
Zenmap build guide, which I've done for a few Windows 7 based systems
without experiencing any problems (and I believe Fyodor builds his on
Windows 7). I think David uses the same versions when building Zenmap on XP
without any issue. You might need to ask someone else on the list to help
you as I'm starting to run out of ideas as I believe it should work fine if
you follow the instructions.

Rob