Nmap Development mailing list archives

Problem with Solaris Compilation - nmap-5.51

From: AL Sudduth <alsudduth () aim com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:15:44 -0400

I have the following problem with compilation on Solaris-10/SPARC.

The top level nmap directory Makefile works correctly only with GNU make. However, the lower level stuff, like the included lua and libpcap, have Makefiles which work only with Solaris make, so the top level make fails when it tries to use the GNU make on these directories. I can compile the included directories as a separate exercise individually using Solaris make (/usr/ccs/bin/make), but I'm having trouble untangling the nmap Makefile so that it doesn't try to compile them again using GNU make and thus exiting on error.

Advice/assistance would be appreciated. I can probably load lua, pcap, etc., separately from source, then use the compiler switches, but isn't there a better way? How about a Makefile.in for each subdirectory that is compatible with GNU make?

Thanks,

Al Sudduth