Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: psexec failing against XP and seven

From: Brahim Sakka <brahim.sakka () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 00:26:25 +0100

I've been playing around with the script , modifiying the configuration
files and trying the different examples. I'm impressed how this NSE script
bypasses the classic psexec's capabilities.

However there is a single configuration attempt that did not work as
expected:

*mod = {}*
*mod.upload           = false*
*mod.name             = "Extracting tasklist output"*
*mod.program          = "tasklist.exe"*
*mod.args             = "/svc"*
*table.insert(modules, mod)*

*Starting Nmap 5.51 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-05-24 19:30 CET*
*PORT    STATE SERVICE*
*139/tcp open  netbios-ssn*
*445/tcp open  microsoft-ds*
*
*
*Host script results:*
*| smb-psexec: *
*|   Tasklist*
*|_*

Tried this on a couple of machines. And no tasklist information was
returned.
Anyone knows a workaround to this?