Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-brute page

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:41:33 +0200

Yeah, perhaps it'd be better under the descritption.
On May 19, 2011 2:18 PM, "Toni Ruottu" <toni.ruottu () iki fi> wrote:
We thought long and hard about the circumstances under which the script
run. Since the only way of finding out whether a password is incorrect
was
through a timeout, and this service isn't quite the popular one, we
decided
to make the ports argument mandatory so it doesn't run by default. If it
detects an open|filtered 31337/udp port, it suggests that it could be run
against it.

Oh, yes. I see. I misread the code.

As for the summary, I think it's good to have it. Most of Nmap's users
aren't typical users anyway, so they might use some insight into the
building blocks of a certain script. It's a quite subjective topic. :-)

I am not complaining about the comment in the code. Do we really want
to have that comment on the web page? If yes, do we want to have it
under title "Script Output"?