Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: http-methods.nse implementation

From: Josh Amishav-Zlatin <jamuse () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 09:47:31 +0300

Oops, it had been a while so I forgot that Josh had already written a
patch:

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2011/q1/936

I can't get the patch to apply cleanly, and it has some whitespace
problems. It might make sense to keep the old argument name
http-methods.retest instead of replacing it with http-methods.verify,
but in any case the new behavior has to be documented.

Hi David,

The reason I changed the argument name was that http-methods.retest
doesn’t really describe what enabling it does. It doesn't retest the
methods, it verifies methods, like TRACE and PUT, actually work. In
any case, I found a bug with the http-methods.verify variable in that
the script still used the old name.

Can you elaborate on the whitespace problem you mentioned? I can
revert the variable name back, fix-up the whitespace and resubmit, if
you like.

Thanks,

--
 - Josh