Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bash-completion script for Nmap

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 18:18:41 -0700

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 12:23:30PM -0500, Daniel Miller wrote:
Hey list,

I posted this a long time ago, but just recently put it out on github.
Bash-completion is programmable tab-completion for Bash 3.0 and newer.

Very nice!  Interestingly, I installed the Fedora 'bash-completion'
package and found that it already contained an Nmap completion script.
That one is much simpler (less functional) than yours though, and I'm
not sure where it came from (the file doesn't have any attribution).
Anyway, I copied your version over /usr/share/bash-completion/nmap and
it works well!

I also just Tweeted and Facebooked it, so maybe you'll get more people
trying it out from that.

Cheers,
Fyodor