Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Nping] patch for traceroute mode and initial ttl

From: Kaj Huisman <kaj.huisman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 22:53:13 +0200

The previous patch for ProbeMode.cc only fixed the issue on a default
scan, not tcp or udp scans.
This one fixes those as well, apologies for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Kaj Huisman

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Kaj Huisman <kaj.huisman () gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Attached are two patches for nping against revision 23147.

The NpingOps.cc.patch contains two typofixes.

The ProbeMode.cc.patch contains a small patch that makes nping use the
userset ttl value (--ttl) as the value for the initial traceroute
packet (if --tr is specified). This is the same behaviour traceroute
-f and hping use (and is useful in for example firewalking). I haven't
checked each use case to see if it breaks anything but I do not
believe that it does.

Thanks,

Kaj Huisman