Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC : CPE , SCTP ,Update feed

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:13:35 -0700

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 01:03:54AM +0200, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
Sorry for replying on a month-old thread, but I think it's worth
a comment:

ambarisha b <b.ambarisha () gmail com> 2011-04-03:
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
One more idea I had in mind was adding SCTP support for NSE.But there
was mention of some problems being reported about the SCTP
functionality.First that has to be investigated.

I don't remember hearing of problems with SCTP in NSE? Can you remind me
what they were?

May be I was a bit unclear,I meant the normal -sY/-sZ scans.Have a
look at this discussion tagged in the
todo:http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/672.It might just be a
misconfiguration in the network.Still its worth a look.Presently, I
get all the ports filtered.Perhaps, scanme.csnc.ch is now firewalled ?

The SCTP scanme box can still be reached at scanme.roe.ch.  UDP
and TCP are filtered, ICMP and SCTP are unfiltered.  IPv4 & IPv6.

According to the nmap-ipv6 branch, all IPv6 ports are closed, while 7,
9, and 80 are open for IPv4. Is that right?

David Fifield