Nmap Development mailing list archives

Gorjan's Status Report - #1 of 17

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 02:14:57 +0200

Hi everyone,

A short intro is in order. I'm Gorjan Petrovski and I'm glad to be
working on GSoC this summer. I'm currently wrapping up undergraduate
study at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information
Technologies in Skopje, Macedonia.

I'm your discovery (miscellaneous) NSE script writer for this year, so
feel free to throw in any wildcard scripts you(the Nmap users and
developers) need, apart from those I'm selecting.

Accomplishments:
* Wrote the backorifice-info script
* Had a preliminary discussion with Patrick (my mentor)
* Researched various script candidates on the Script_Ideas page
* Learnt SVN, built Nmap successfully
* Wrote a backorifice-brute script using brute library
* Studied for exams

Priorities:
* Finish obligations concerning studies (documentation, exams, thesis)
* Select scripts for development and discuss them with Patrick
* Read certain recommended papers on network discovery and topology
* Experiment with NSE libraries

Cheers,
Gorjan