Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Introducing the 2011 Nmap/Google Summer of Code Team

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 11:41:48 +0200

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:02:24 -0700, Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
Hello everyone.  The Nmap Project received a spectacular bunch of
Summer of Code proposals this year, and I'm happy to report that
Google has agreed to sponsor seven of them to spend this summer
enhancing the Nmap Security Scanner!  In previous summers we have
sponsored students to develop related tools such as Ncat, Nping, and
Ncrack, but this year we're focused on Nmap proper.  We have three
students working on the Nmap Scripting Engine, two on IPv6, and two
general feature creepers and bug wranglers.  I'm delighted to
introduce the 2011 team!
Congratulations to every one, looks like a great set of projects to
work on over the summer