Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-info

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:14:01 +0300

The password is useful, because it can be used to access the service
with regular client software. Figuring out the password for the user
is the main objective for a brute script. It is good if an info script
can benefit from the information produced by a brute script, but the
main objective is still to figure out the password. Now, maybe you do
not need to store a rainbow table, because finding a password that
hashes to the seed might be trivial. The good thing here is that we do
not need to find the correct one, as long as we find a working
password.