Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: HELP NMAP

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:32:16 +0200

On Apr 12, 2011, at 6:39 PM, Gutek wrote:

Le 12/04/2011 13:50, dhruval gandhi a écrit :
hi,

Hope you are best at your health.

I am nmap scripting engine user,

I have consult you before. Actually i have following  result of the
afp-brute script.

I have scanned my macbook , with the script >nmap -p 548 --script
afp-brute -d2 --script-trace  localhost

OUTPUT :

PORT      STATE   SERVICE  REASON
548/tcp     open        afp             syn-ack
Final times for host: srtt: 6706 rttvar: 6456  to: 100000

This result is not the desired one !!

Guide me please !!

And please give me the best resource to learn and develop the nmap
script in lua .

Best regards,

Dhruval.

Hi Dhruval,

I'm afraid you're asking the wrong person, as I'm not the author of this
script (afp-brute). See http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/afp-brute.html
for details.
You'd better mail nmap-dev at insecure.org and/or copy the script's
author (hence I'm forwarding your question to the list).
Please keep in mind that, from a general point of vue, it's better to
ask the list than directly mailing the author alone : your issue (or
question) could be usefull to other users.

Back to your problem. A standard behavior for any script, and a fortiori
when it comes to brute-force scripts is _not_ to produce any output if
no result was found. That is, if the brute force hasn't found any
correct credentials, then the script will not say anything.

A good source of informations about writing scripts is the NSE Guide :
http://nmap.org/book/nse.html
Also take a look at the sample-script.nse in your /nmap/scripts/ directory.

Regards,

A.G.

Hi Dhruval,

I'm the author of the afp-brute script. Your syntax looks correct.
In case that's the only output your seeing somethings wrong.
You should be seeing some NSE debug messages and packet traces with those options (if the script is actually running).
What version of nmap are you running, and is it compiled with SSL support?

Regards,
Patrik

--
Patrik Karlsson