Nmap Development mailing list archives

Luis' Status Report - #9 of 17

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:08:55 +0200

Hi!

Here are the accomplishments of the week and the priorities for next week:

Accomplishments:

* Finished implementation of ipv6fp. It is now ready for the call
  for testers.

* I discovered a really nasty bug that caused a lot of replies
  to be missed by the ipv6fp script. The problem is that Scapy's
  packet matching algorithm does not consider ICMP error messages
  as valid responses to other packets, so I ended up having to
  implement our own matching engine. This was challenging and took
  a few days to implement.

* Made the script handle multiple response packets for a single
  test. This happens, for example, when we receive a fragmented
  Echo reply.

* Circumvent a bug in Scapy that causes it to fatal when it
  attempts to decode certain ICMP Parameter problem packets.

* Wrote a draft email for the call for testers.

* Read some documents about machine learning.

* Had a meeting with David and scheduled the next one.

Priorities:

* Send the call for testers to nmap-dev
* Start with result analysis.

Regards,