Nmap Development mailing list archives

A patch for IPv6 Neighbor Discovery ping

From: Xu Weilin <mzweilin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:44:15 +0800

HI all,
David and I have been working on the branch 'nmap-exp/weilin/nmap-nd' since
last week and we have implemented IPv6 ND ping over ethernet.

Attached is nd-ping.patch. You can test it by explicitly typing './nmap -6
-sP -PR. --packet-trace $target_ipv6_addr'. Actually the ND ping feature
will be activated by default  if the target is in the link-local. (Just like
ARP ping on IPv4.)

Unfortunately, it don't support IPv6 raw socket right now because the
send_ipv6_ipproto_raw() couldn't send multicast packets. So please note that
'-PR --send-ip' won't make sense. (OS itself will try to resolve the
target's MAC address before it sends a unicast IPv6 packet through raw
socket.)

Any feedbacks are welcomed and appreciated.

--
Regards
Xu Weilin 许伟林