Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Exploit for CVE-2010-4344 and CVE-2010-4345 - Exim SMTP server

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 07:43:04 +0200

2011/6/23 Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>:
The script was tested against Ubuntu and Debian. x86 architectures were
exploited successfully. On x86_64 the smtpd child will be killed, but
the script can detect this and report it.

I think that this behavior we observed on a x86_64 system is actually
due to anti-exploitation mechanisms instead of the CPU architecture.
To be confirmed though.

But as you said, this doesn't prevent the script from detecting the
vulnerability.

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net