Nmap Development mailing list archives

REgarding my proposal for Gsoc 2011

From: aditya <nauty.me04 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:02:11 +0530

Sir/Madam

I actually was much interested in OS detection in IPv6 based
systems/networks. What led me to take up this topic was i found that when i
was using Nmap for multiple scanning the same host, a lot of times i came
across that there was a different OS which was detected , and that got me
into a very messed up situation as i being a penetration tester was very
much dependant on the authenticity of Nmap

Hence i really want to take up this topic and contribute to Nmap and open
source community so as to develop a full proof OS detection module for IPv6
support which would help a lot of penetration testers.

Please let me know how else i can improve my project, looking forward for
mentors.

--
Regards
Aditya Balapure