Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011 My Two Ideas(more accurate explanation of these ideas)

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:10:59 +0100

On 03/24/2011 12:24 PM, Eugene Melnichenko wrote:
Hi!!!!!
I recently wrote about my two ideas:
1. Possible threat category (keylogger, backdoor, etc.) and its level
(Malware detection).
2. What programming language was used, a possible country of origin,
etc. (Malware and Exploit).

Hello Eugene,

I haven't looked at the .zip file you attach but I am having trouble
understanding your ideas. As far as I've been able to follow, what you
are suggesting is implementing something like an antivirus software that
checks locally stored files in order to determine if they belong to a
keylogger or a backbood. Is this correct?

Luis.